Tuesday, March 31, 2009

5 lbs!!!!












He's 5lbs now! Went to Pedi yesterday and was 4lbs 14oz and today at the lactation consultant he's 5LBS! I cannot believe it. I never thought he'd get to 4, and never thought he'd get to 5, but he's HERE! Cannot believe it. At this rate, on his due date of April 6, he will weigh more than I did when I was born (5lbs 3oz). Wow, huh?

So Pedi yesterday - said his gas and spitting up is normal. Weight off of my mind, let me tell you. I was so worried that he had reflux or something. But, the pedi Dr. W said that it's normal - since he's getting the equivalent of a buffet every 2 hours, he's bound to spit up a little. He's doing better when myelicon, though. He gets that with every feeding and the pedi approves. She says that he's doing really well and we'll go back in 2 weeks for his 2 month checkup.

Today we went to the lactation consultant and that went really well. She weighed him naked and hungry before we started and he was EXACTLY 5lbs, as in 5lbs 0.00000oz. Wow, huh? I am so proud of him. He's my little eater! So then breastfeeding went really well. Lactation consultant said that since he is still being supplemented, he can just do like two really good nursings a day and then supplement the rest of the time. She was really sweet, saying that she understood how hard it must be for me to have to breastfeed AND supplement all the time, etc. Luckily, pedi said that we can stop supplementing soon, hopefully after the 2 month appointment she'll release me from that duty. Then he can get it straight from the tap!

So, obviously, things are going really well. AND, Baker will be home on Friday! SOOO soon! Things are looking up for us!

Next up: Early Childhood Intervention (ECI, Brighton is the company) will come tomorrow. We'll see how that goes! Hopefully, he's meeting his milestones so far. I think he is, but it will be nice to get an outside opinion. More later!

No comments: