Saturday, March 14, 2009

I owe a post!





Yeah, it's been a long time, so sorry!!!

So let's see - Trig has made a lot of progress since I last wrote! So they moved little Trig to the front room! At first I thought I'd be upset about this because I really liked our little corner at the back, but now I have a little corner at the front with a window! Plus, he's WAY closer to the door, which means closer to going home, YAY! He completely skipped the middle part of the NICU which I am glad about because that part of the NICU has a lot of traffic. Though I have to say that it has been really quiet in there lately - I mean, it's not like this right now but one day I counted something like 10 babies TOTAL. It was nice, though, less monitors means it's less noisy in there. But then we had a baby move in between Trig and Max and it's a little more crowded. I wish they wouldn't do that, it's not even technically a bed space!

So let's talk about the milestones - Trig now has his NG tube out and last night was his last night of Reglan for his digestion. He's wearing clothes in his isolette now because they have it turned down to basically the temperature of the rest of the NICU! They're weaning him off of the temperature control so he can come out of it. It was so fun to put him in his first outfit last night - he was SWIMMING in his preemie outfit! I mean, you look at him and you look at the clothes and you think MAYBE it will fit but then you see how small he really is. So basically, his intervention is really going down to basically nothing. He eats 45mL of breastmilk by bottle when I'm not there and nurses when I am there for his feedings (6, 9, 12, 3 feedings). I talked to Dr. W on Wednesday and she said "maybe about a week" (!!!!) I am so excited and frantically trying to get things done. So, I expect to see him out of the isolette at any time now and we'll just continue to move forward with that. I just REALLY hope that Trig can come home when Baker is here next weekend - that would just be BEYOND perfect to have Daddy there for that.

Okay, going to get ready to go to the NICU, will update more often, I promise!

Pictures - Trig in his first time wearing Preemie outfit from mommy & daddy, smiling under the blanket, Trig's first bath, and hanging out with mommy!

Oh and he weighs 3lbs10oz as of last night! 1650 grams! Way to go my chunky monkey!

2 comments:

JenM said...

So cute!!! I can't believe how big he is getting, those sound like great updates from the NICU. I hope he can come home when Baker is there.

Chantelle said...

Trig is doing awesome!!! Yay for the monumentous first outfit! I'm so happy to hear them mentioning the H word!!!! I will be praying for that!!!