Thursday, March 19, 2009

Coming home!

So, the time has finally come - I am rooming in with Trig tonight (and Baker will be coming tonight, too, YAY!) and Trig is coming home tomorrow. I cannot believe it. I feel like I am in shock. I am beyond excited, scared, all of those things. I feel like tomorrow is another birthday for him! Like, that he was born recently and gets to come home like a normal baby. He's going to have 3 birthdays - his real one, his homecoming, and his due date, haha! Spoiled little boy already! So I'm pumping right now and then I'll head up to the hospital - lots going on. Hopefully, his car seat test went okay last night, so I won't have to run out and get a new carseat.... Cindy and I have infant CPR at 1pm today, then I'll room in with him! I packed probably way too much but I'm not sure what I'll use and won't use. I'm so nervous, excited, all kinds of emotions rolled into one! Full report when we get home and settled! Wish us all luck!

Oh and last night Trig weighed 4lbs 0.4oz. YAY!

4 comments:

Christi said...

woo hooo!!! baby trig is on his way home! YAY! keeping my fingers crossed for him.

Chantelle said...

YES!!!!!!!!! Four lbs and HOME! This news has just brightened up my week!!!

It will be the BEST day ever! I swear! I was nervous as hell too (and it was my second!), but you will do GREAT! Having a baby in the NICU is actually great training, lol! I am SO SO SO happy for you and Baker!!!

And YES - that little boy deserves three birthdays!

Kara said...

Kelly, this is fantastic news. I can't believe how quick his NICU stay was, and I'm totally excited about that! 45 ml's in his bottle is fantastic! I remember when Breckenw as in the NICU, we were in there for FOREVER getting him to eat. He just couldn't do it. We had to get to 58 ml's and it was a total struggle and I got so frustrated. So way to go, Trig!

And happy homecoming! Are you HOME, home? Or at your in-law's still?

Chantelle said...

Ok now, he's been home for three days and stilll no pics?!?!? I know, I know...you just brought home your first child, give you time....but I'm inpatient ;)!!