Monday, March 23, 2009

Trig is HOME!

Oh man - I am going to have to keep this short because I am BUSY with a capitol B but Trig came home on Friday and it's been wonderful :) Baker made it home on Thursday and we "roomed in" overnight with Trig on Thursday night. Then, after a long day of discharge stuff (hearing test, circumcision, lots of paperwork) Trig came home! It's been great, I love having him here :) But, I really am so busy! I breastfeed him AND I have to pump and it takes a lot of time. Plus, I am exhausted, but somehow, not as tired as I was going back and forth to the NICU. It's just more enjoyable. Everyone around here loves having him and helps me out but I am so worried about the day that ends!

We went to our first doctor's appointment today and Trig weighs 4lbs 5oz! He's doing great. Poops and toots a lot, so lots of diapers. He gets more and more alert every day which is fun. We're doing better and better at breastfeeding, but he's still not emptying me efficiently and I have to supplement. I am hoping that will improve with time.

Okay, going to finish pumping and go hang out with my little man! Will post pics later :)

2 comments:

Chantelle said...

Welcome home Trig!!!! Be good to your mommy and eat well and sleep LOTS!!!

YAY!

Jenny said...

Yay! Congrats on this big day! I love your announcements by the way, so heartwarming!