Friday, April 3, 2009

Eyes = good!

So we went to the eye doctor today - quite an adventure. Man, it takes a long time to get him ready to go somewhere, just planning to have him eat and me pump right before we leave. And then, the eye doctor's office was far away, and then it takes forever because they have to dilate his eyes, and then of course the exam is traumatic - you get the point. In any case, the appointment went well. His right eye is cleared - the vessels have grown to the outside of his eye. His left eye is *almost* there, and the doc wants to see him one more time to make sure that things continue to go well. So, still have to go back there in 2 weeks.

Home health came yesterday, too. We are officially discharged from them. Thank goodness. I mean, I am thankful that they came and everything but the nurse we had was SOOO long-winded and told me sooo many obvious things that basically put me to sleep. She said that his "max weight" would be something like 4lbs 12 ounces or something like that... well, he weighed 5lbs 2.5oz at that appointment, so we are certainly doing well.

You know what's funny about that? He weighs what I did at birth now - 5lbs 3oz. So holding him is like holding little me! But the even funnier part is that on his due date he will weigh more than I did when I was born. Wow, huh? We must be doing something right.

Well, gotta go! Time to feed the little one and pump before I have to go get Baker from the airport - he's on the flight here! He'll be here for 2 weeks! YAY!!!!! Trig is so excited - he had a bath and put on his favorite outfit (that he is about to outgrow any day, so we need to wear it!!)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Congrats on your weight Trig! And I love all the pics of him, especially the bath picture, so sweet! Can't wait to have our two babies meet! SO happy to hear that you get to be with Baker for so long!

Chantelle said...

YAY for healthy eyes!!! And OMG are those exams traumatic or WHAT?!