Wednesday, April 15, 2009

2 months old today - and hernia :(

Trig is 2 months old today! He had his 2 month checkup today as well. Which meant 3 shots! Yukky! He was a good little man, though. The shots made him cry and for the first time (that I've seen, who knows what happened in the NICU when I wasn't there), I saw little tears streaming down his face. I totally cried but kept it to myself, I didn't want to be a hysterical mother.

The other thing that happened at the appointment - the doc discovered a hernia. When Trig was circumcised, the surgeon thought he felt a hernia but wasn't sure. Well, Dr. W says that it is and doesn't want us to go to Ohio until it is evaluated by Dr. B. So, we have an appointment with Dr. B on Monday at 3:30pm to have it looked at. Not sure when they'll want to do surgery, but Baker says that inguinal hernias don't resolve and eventually, he'll need surgery. Not sure if they'll do it now or wait a few months until he's bigger, etc. We'll see. In the meantime, poor little man! He's super fussy from the shots and when he's not fussing, he's FAST asleep. So, he's been getting his doses of Tylenol. We'll get through it!

I just have to say how excited I am about my friends on the chat boards. One of my closest friends on there recently found out that she's pregnant and I am so happy for her. YAY for my TTTC sister :) And then, another good friend of mine also found out she's pregnant. I am so happy for them! Motherhood, although difficult, has been the most rewarding thing I have ever experienced. And I'm saying that on one of the bad days :) So YAY for my TTTC friends, I am thinking of you and praying for you, as always.

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

Awww!! Poor Trig!! I hope its an easy and painless procedure. I'm sorry your return home is now delayed though.

How much did he weigh today???

I'm very happy for your friends! I love hearing success stories and BFPs!