Sunday, June 21, 2009

REFLUX

So Trig has reflux. He started not eating as well recently and the doc actually wants to start seeing him eat MORE, so we knew there was a problem. Sometimes he'd hardly take an ounce and fuss the whole time. I called the doc and the nurse practitioner told us to bring him in Luckily, Baker was home Friday afternoon so he got to go to the doc with us. She thinks it's reflux and I think he's actually had it all along so I'm glad he's on meds for it now. There has been a dramatic improvement in his eating since then! He seems a lot more comfortable now. The meds are kinda expensive but they're working so it's worth every single penny.

In other news we went to the drive in movie theater last night and saw Year One and The Hangover. Yep, both. And the first one didn't even start until 9:30! We made it! I had to drink a giant diet coke to make it but I did. Year One wasn't so awesome, but it was okay, but the Hangover was hilarious. It was a fun date night. Plus, the drive in is great because we can bring Trig in his carseat, I can feed him when he needs and pump when I need to. It was highly successful, we'll have to do that again.

And... today is Baker's FIRST FATHER'S DAY! Happy Faither's Day to a wonderful Dad. Trig and I are so blessed to have him in our lives.

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

Awww, poor Trig!!! Bennett had HORRIBLE reflux (to the point we almost had to get a g-tube put in b/c he refused to eat). Its definitely not fun. What meds do they have them on? We had the most luck with Prevacid. I heard great things about Zenegrid too, but they won't Rx that until they are over 12 lbs (I think), which wasn't until like 7 months old, lol. I hope the meds kick in and he's a happier, hungrier little dude soon!!!

PS - the reflux could be part of the reason he's had some trouble nursing lately too!