Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Developmental Assessment

So Triggy had his developmental assessment yesterday at Happy Day School here in Ravenna. The place is great and they do the early childhood intervention stuff and it's also for the developmentally delayed all the way through 21 years of age or so. I was impressed.

Anyway, they had an occupational therapist, a physical therapist, and a speech therapist look at him, as well as his case worker from the county and his Happy Day School case worker. Trig had a regular entourage for his assessment. He was on his best behavior, flirting with everyone. They actually said that the babies they see are always cute but that he was particularly cute :) He cooed and played with everyone. They said he is doing great, functioning at just above 3 months, which is just behind his actual age and above his adjusted age. They were just looking for him to function according to his adjusted age so he's doing great. I was proud. The only thing that they said was that he doesn't want to look to the right. I was like, wow, I never noticed that! They gave me information on how to get him to look to the right and work on his tightness. Well, as soon as we got home, he turned his head to the right all the way. Clearly, he favors looking to the left but I don't think he has issues looking that direction. It's all a matter of motivation. All in all, it went really well, and he will be assessed again in August to make sure that all is well.

In other news, we found a babysitter for him! Not that I have any particular need but I wanted to find someone just in case I need someone. Baker is going to be studying a lot and if I need to get out for any reason, I'll need someone. Anyway, we went over to her house and met with her - she's great and inexpensive to boot. I am so glad that we have someone that I would feel comfortable leaving Trig with for a few hours (mom's night out! Wooohoo!)

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

YAY!! That's awesome news!!

Take advantage of that babysitter. You definitely need some time "off" here and again too!