Monday, June 15, 2009

4 month shots - ouch!

We went to the pedi today to get our 4 month shots! The stats:

Weight: 9lbs 13oz
Height: 21.25 inches
Head circumference: 39cm

Way to go Trig! Doing great!

The pedi is pleased but wants him to continue with the high calorie breastmilk, so pumping for me will continue. She also recommends that he not begin solids of any kind, not even rice cereal, until he's 4 months adjusted which will put him at 6 months. That makes total sense to me, his insides need time to mature.

She also said that Trig is like a normal 4 month developmentally in her opinion. According to the questionnaire that I filled out identifying his developmental milestones, he's at 4 months 1 week developmentally. She also agrees with that. I am going to go with her opinion for two reasons 1) I like it better and 2) She has seen him every 2-3 weeks since he was 2 months old, so she knows him better than a small "snapshot" of Trig's behavior. Not to say that the developmental assessment was not useful - they're going to follow him and make sure he's progressing appropriately - but it seems like he's developing better than they think. That's GREAT news. Yay for Baby Trig!

Anyway, then he had to have his 4 month shots. He was not happy about that and cried, poor little guy. Slept a lot for the rest of the day and I gave him Tylenol for a minor fever, but no big problems, thank goodness!

4 months old TODAY! So exciting. I'll post a pic when I figure out how to use this new computer :)

No comments: