Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm sick! Boo.

Yep, I'm sick. And Baker is on call. I'm just worried that Trig will get sick! I hope he doesn't, I am trying to be vigilant about keeping my hands clean and I've given him pumped breastmilk that hopefully has the antibodies from this illness, but of course I still worry. So please, Trig, don't get sick! And man do I hope I get well soon - stuffy head, headache, sore throat, cough, ringing in the ears, it sucks. Seems I got Baker's illness - I thought I was in the clear because it's been several days, but no such luck.

So I joined a Mom's Club group, YAY! It's really nice to be able to get out and socialize with other moms, particularly since I don't really have many friends with kids yet. They're a great group of women and Trig loves going to the playdates and watching the other kids.

The group has also been good with getting me out of the house - I've decided that I need to do at least one thing a day, and get out of the house to do it, to stay sane. And so far it's working! It just helps to break up the monotony of the pumping and stuff.

Well, I gotta go to bed and get through this evening - thankfully, this is Baker's last call for awhile.

I was watching "Knocked Up" last night and something on that movie rang SO true for me. One of the characters gets caught sneaking out to hang out with his friends and lying to his wife about it. He's talking to another friend about the situation, feeling really stupid about the whole thing and says to him "She loves me sooooo much. The biggest problem in our marriage is that she loves me soooo much that she wants me around ALL the time." That's the biggest problem in our marriage, I'd say, is that we both want to be around each other all the time and that's just not possible. I wish that we could both be stay at home parents but that's just not how life works, is it? Oh well, we just do the best we can.

1 comment:

BabyBucko said...

Boo! I hope you feel better soon and don't get Trig sick!