Friday, February 26, 2010

Trig's Birthday Weekend

So Trig, Baker and I all headed to San Antonio for Trig's birthday party on Saturday February 20th from 2-4pm. We had to get Trig up at 5am on Friday to get to the airport on time, and Trig wasn't happy about that. Actually, he did fine until we went through security at which point he threw up on me! Going through security! Trig never throws up, so I was like, what's wrong with Triggy? He acted fine, just tired, so I thought nothing of it. Then he slept the whole flight both flights, and I just thought he was worn out from getting up so early. Nope, he was sick, I just didn't know it. He was running fever all day. Even when we arrived in San Antonio, he was lethargic and just wanted to sleep, poor guy! In the evening, he seemed to feel better so we decided to go on with the party.

Even though Triggy didn't feel well, the party was good. Everyone had a great time, the food was great, everything was wonderful. Trig got some great gifts thanks to the wonderful guests! And of course I couldn't have done it without the help, love and support of the King family. Thanks to Cindy, Ronnie, Kari, Kelsey (and of course my wonderful husband!) for helping take care of Triggy, helping me set up, letting me use the house, and all of the support involved in helping this party to happen!

So when the party was over, mommy and Triggy were exhausted and had to nap. I basically spent the rest of the weekend in my PJs, I was so worn out. Then, we had to leave on Monday, and Triggy seemed better but not completely. Took him to the doc when we got home - DOUBLE EAR INFECTION. Poor thing, I had no idea and I flew with him! He's on antibiotics now but still had a fever last night and he's still asleep at 10:30am this morning! I'm going to keep a close eye on him today, we may be heading back to the doc. Also, at that appointment, Trig weighed 17lbs 9oz. Granted, he was wearing his clothes and diaper but it was a very light one-piece so I think that maybe Trig weighs more than we thought at his 1 year appointment. Also, his 8th tooth finally came in - next to his top teeth on the right side :)

So, we're doing okay back here in Ohio but we're buried under a foot of snow! Hopefully, the snow ceases soon!

Enjoy some pictures :)



Playground at the Nashville Airport








Opening Presents, but he's fussy


I could only get him to wear this crown for like 2 seconds...


Blowing out candles!





Hanging out in my car at my party


Isn't the cake great? It's just a plain cake with these wood animal things that I bought long before Trig was born!


Playing raspberry with Daddy


Hi, Mimi!


I love my wagon and peach tree from Aunt Lori and Uncle Joe!



Mommy and Triggy are so tired on the plane!



2 comments:

JenM said...

Cute pictures! Poor guy, I hope he feels better soon. I can't believe he's a year already! Glad you enjoyed your trip to SA!

Jenny said...

Happy birthday trig! Wish we could have made it to the party, but you know what? Bekah had a double ear ifection that same weekend! We know how you feel poor fella! I hope he is doing better! Once again, CONGRATULATIONS! How are YOU feeling??