Thursday, May 28, 2009

Back from Pedi!


We went to the pediatrician today for a checkup - Trig weighs 9 lbs! YAY! I am so proud of his growth. The extra calories are WORKING! He's still not on the chart but we're GETTING THERE!

So pedi is not concerned about the dimple in Trig's spine. In fact, she said that she wouldn't have ordered an ultrasound - the bottom is easily visualized and his reflexes are really good. She said that the dimples are fairly common as well. So, she said to go ahead and have the ultrasound anyway but she doesn't anticipate any problems. YAY! I can't tell you how wonderful that was to hear. I was concerned. Still, we'll see what the ultrasound shows.

It's been really stormy here - luckily, it wasn't too bad this morning when I went to Trig's appointment. But, it seems to be rolling in again this afternoon. And if you know me you know how much I have this weird love/hate relationship with storms.

I have to take a second to brag about my new talent - I have now learned to pump AND drive at the same time. That's right, I hook myself up to the pump and drive around. And, I LOVE it. It gets two things done at once and it helps pass the pumping time which I love because I hate watching the clock when I'm pumping.

Speaking of which, it's time to feed the little man and do some of that pumping.

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

YAY!!! Thats fantastic news!!!

I feel your pain re: growth. I try not to get hyped up about it, but man it would be nice to see him rank over the 3rd percentile! It WILL happen though - patience :)

I pump and drive too. Ace hates it as he thinks I'm giving other drivers a peep show. Uh...I don't look into other's cars when *I* am driving. And if someone happens to, oh well!