Wednesday, February 11, 2009

32 weeks!

I'm 32 weeks and 2 days today! YAHOO!!! Didn't think I'd make it here. I think that every new day!

Hasn't been uneventful, though. Baker came this past weekend (YAY!) but he was SO sick with a sinus infection (BOO!). It was so nice to be with him all the same. I was glad that if he had to be sick that he was here so that I could care for him. Saturday we hosted a shower for Baker's cousin Ryan and his new wife, Holly. She's due 5/25 and I'm jealous cuz her belly looks as big as mine does now! Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling well, so I had to go and lay down most of the shower. I've been having more painful contractions that feel more like menstrual cramps than they did before, so I spent a lot of time laying down this weekend. Did as much socializing as I could :) Sunday, we hosted an 80th birthday party for Momo but I was even more absent at that - I finally convinced Baker to go to an urgent care facility so we went there, got seen by the doc, got some medicine, came home and I put him to bed. Put me to bed, too. So I really didn't socialize at that party and I feel really bad about it, but I had no choice, I was still contracting really bad and I was trying to take care of Baker. Luckily, he woke up feeling TONS better on Monday and was able to fly home. Well, I was happy that he was feeling better, NOT that he was flying home :)

So Monday night, we all went to the SA Rodeo to see Reba. Me in my wheelchair and all! Cindy wheeled me to my seat and I sat there the whole time (except one trip to the bathroom!). Of course, my favorite part is the Rodeo stuff - I felt bad because I LOOOVE the team roping and the team ropers couldn't rope anyone! I mean, I think there were seriously 2-3 groups that were successful. Then, the bulls were awesome, I mean, really crazy bulls. The guy that won actually got thrown off of his bull and then when he was running away, the bull got him under his butt and flipped him upside down, the dude landed on his shoulder! But at least he won haha.

I had been having some rough nights with contractions and Monday night was no exception so I decided to let my doc know. They sent me to L&D. After a long day there, everything is fine - cervix is shortening and slowly dilating but not as much as my contractions would indicate - I was contracting every 2-5 minutes!!! But anyway, they kept me on a monitor for a long time, checked to see if I was leaking amniotic fluid, did a fetal fibronectin test, all of that. Then the nurses ran into Dr. M and told her that I was here so she had them take me to her office to check the baby and my cervix. He was gorgeous - again. He looks more like Baker every single day. He was practicing breathing which is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Opening his mouth, making faces at us, kicking away, totally happy baby. He's taking quite the beating from my poor uterus but doesn't seem to mind! :) So anyway, the FFn test came back negative so they let me go. Hopefully, I can keep cooking this little one and I REALLY hope my contractions don't get much more painful at night because I'm not sleeping that well as it is.

So then last night everyone went to the Rodeo again - I was invited but I didn't think it was a good idea that I go so they sold my ticket. And of course, we're in this major drought here in SA but it decided to storm last night, big time, while I was home alone in this huge house. And I'm talking BIG storm - lightening and thunder that made the electricity flicker over and over, and HAIL. Lots of HAIL. I was totally freaked, thank goodness I was on the phone with Baker, it was so comforting. He tried to talk me out of being scared logically, but my fear of storms is deep-seated, quite embarrassing :) But the storm passed quickly, thank goodness.

So I know I owe belly pics, that's on my agenda for this afternoon :)

No comments: