Saturday, February 28, 2009

3 lbs!

So I am going to get better about updating this blog now that I feel like I have a better handle on my schedule. Now that I've taken care of things and gotten a bit more organized, I am still busy, but now updating my blog isn't so daunting :)

Trig is doing really well! He's currently eating 22mL of my breastmilk every 3 hours, fortified to 22calories per mL. And he's keeping it down really well, not much residual these days! And although he was back on the bilirubin lights, he's off of them again now! YAY! Just in time for my friend Sandy to come and take pictures of him. My incredibly sweet sorority sister found out that Trig was born and offered to come take pictures of him when she was in town for a conference! Of course I couldn't say no, she's a professional and her pics are just beautiful. So she came up to the NICU yesterday and we had so much fun taking pics of him. I cannot wait to see them, and it was so great to see her. Sandy, THANK YOU!

So we're doing "non-nutritive sucking" so that he can learn to breastfeed. So, when he's getting a feeding, I go up to the NICU and he practices latching on while his feed goes in. Things were much easier yesterday for him because they switched his orogastric tube to a nasogastric tube, yay! So now he's able to latch on better. He isn't so good at it yet, but when he does latch on, I am surprised at his vacuum power, haha! He really works hard at it for 10 minutes or so then he falls asleep. It's the cutest thing. So I got to spend a LOT of time with him yesterday- I held him while he did that and then while Sandy was taking pictures. PRECIOUS moments with my little boy, I am so thankful. Then last night I went up to the NICU with Ronnie and I got to change his diaper and he had a nice poop! Yay, Trig, get all that bilirubin out! He weighed 3 lbs and I am so excited about that - I know that he could still fluctuate but I am so glad that he's gaining weight and 3 lbs just sounds so much better than 2lbs and whatever ounces, doesn't it?

Going to see Dr. C today for my post partum visit. Hoping that my BP is decent and that they take a look at my episiotomy but that they don't mess with it haha. I think it has healed really well so far. So we'll see how that visit goes. Then I'll go over to the NICU, and then I have my virtual shower from 2-5, thanks to Suzy! YAY! Thank you, Suzy! So I gotta take pictures of the gifts, etc. and post them on the site. Should be fun :)

No comments: