Wednesday, October 8, 2008

14 week 2 day ultrasound








I am 14 weeks 2 days and oh my gosh. This was the best u/s yet (besides, maybe, seeing the hb after thinking that this pg wasn't going to work out). Baby is big enough now where they quit measuring crown to rump length, now they take measurements of the head, abdomen, femur, etc. Baby is measuring right on time! I just watched in awe. I couldn't believe how much stuff I could see and how many things they were showing me - baby's brain, the 4 chambers of the heart, all of these bones... just wow. The tech did not venture a guess at the sex, she said she took a quick look and said that it was still really ambiguous. I am a bit disappointed but I figured that's what would happen :) Tech left the room to get the doc and I just cried and stared at the pictures she printed for me. Doc came in and I had tears all over my face.

I met with the nurse, Dana, and she was great. Told me lots of good stuff and asked me lots of good questions. Even gave me suggestions for pediatricians, apparently, they want to know that ASAP! And they're still on me about which hospital to deliver at - I think I am going to go with Akron General just because I know students that rotated there and patients were happy with their care there. Plus, from what I understand, choosing between Summa and General is a toss up anyway, even the nurses who had strong opinions admitted that.

I also talked briefly with the lactation consultant - the nurses LOVE me because I've made it very clear how determined I am to breastfeed. Must be rare these days, or there, or something because they did make a big deal out of it. Well, then, YAY for me! haha.

Saw Dr. Hajitis briefly, he didn't have much to say except that the subchorionic hemmorage appears to be GONE (YAY!) and that things look really good :) I couldn't be more pleased, I am tearing up as I think about it. So he wants me back in 2 weeks, so I'll be there October 22nd!

I go back in 2 weeks. Yay for lots of ultrasounds, I CANNOT get enough of this!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just stumbled across your blog through The Nest and saw your newer to the area. I live in Cuyahoga Falls and have had friends deliver at both City and General. I've never heard a bad thing about either one. Friends tell me that each are the best, depending on where they delivered, so I think which ever you go with would be fine!