Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's a BOY!




Okay, it's been way too long since I posted. So, I'll post a few pictures here including BELLY PICS!

So I went in last Wednesday (10/22) for an appointment, and Baker came with me! I immediately noticed that they didn't plan on doing an u/s because they had the doppler out and everything... so I basically had to talk the doc into doing an u/s because a) the doc last time told me I was going to have an u/s in 2 weeks and b) they said they wanted to check the size of the cerebellum - they couldn't get a good measurement on it last time. So, I had about a 30 minute u/s and they discovered it was a BOY! Suddenly, the tech asked if we were going to find out the sex of the baby, to which we replied, yes! And she said, well, good, because I just got a great shot. She moved the wand over the pelvis of the baby and voila, there was a little penis! She said, see that? That's not going to fall off... you're having a boy! We're thrilled to say the least :)

Took me awhile to post on here because I went to Maryland to visit Robyn and Andrew - WAY too much fun. I was there from my birthday until Wednesday. So nice to visit with them - they took me out for my birthday to dinner at a nice Italian restaurant. Then, we had a b-day party for Andrew, his 30th! They had lots of people over and the theme was Beer Olympics - they had lots of drinking games. Robyn named me the judge, which was actually a lot of fun and I got to participate even though I couldn't drink :)

So, it's back to the real world here in Ravenna - when I arrived back, it was SNOWING. Seriously? Yeah, seriuosly. I couldn't believe it. Last night I had a little Halloween get together - cooked Spinach Dip, Pumpkin Dip, Chili and Pumpkin cheesecake. I am so proud! It was great. Stacy, Wes and his girlfriend, Russia came. I had no trick or treaters, though - they trick or treated early. I didn't get the memo, haha. I thought for sure we'd still have SOME trick or treaters, but I seriously didn't get ONE! So, now I have a ton of candy if anyone wants any. Baker wasn't home last night and when Stacy was getting ready to leave, we noticed 3 COP CARS in my driveway. I was totally scared. We went out there and asked what was going on, and one of the cops took us aside and said there was a domestic disturbance across the street. They had the lady in the back of one of the cars trying to calm her down, poor thing. Totally scary to happen when Baker was on call, and I feel awful for the lady. But, they eventually left, Stacy left, and I stayed up super late. Must have been the little bit of Coke I had, haha!

Anyway, I thought I should post some u/s pics and some belly pics, so here we go!

First one is baby at 16 weeks 2 days.

Second one is a belly pic I took this week - I know it doesn't look like much, but believe me, it is!

Third one is the phenomenon from this morning... that bulge is from me laying on my back and my uterus sticking up. The left side was ROCK HARD! Weird... and cool! It moved, too!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh you're freakin tiny!!!!!!!!! Looks like before the tiny bump, but even with the tiny bump:)

Unknown said...

congrats on your boy :)