Monday, January 24, 2011

More talking for Triggy!

So Triggy seems to be picking up more and more words. At least it seems like it. Some may sound funny but it is becoming clearer and clearer that he is trying to form words, repeat them, and is even jabbering. FINALLY! Some of his favorite words include clock, duck, truck (these all sound the same sometimes, though), grapes, off and on (A HUGE FAVORITE), Mimi, Daddy (but not Mommy, just mama, but only sometimes). I am sure there are more but it's late at night and my brain doesn't work. But I had to get it down on "paper" that Triggy is starting to improve. The point is that he is at least trying to say more words and communicate better. It's really great to see that he's finally making that effort and I think he will be happier when he can communicate better with his world.

In other news, I just made their doc appointments - Triggy's 2 year appointment and Grayson's 6 month appointment. Same day, I split the difference between their "birthdays" since they're not quite 18 months apart. I absolutely cannot believe that I have two children less than 18 months apart!!!

Also, Trig is eating more, I think. He is at least trying new things. Some things he doesn't like but at least he is TRYING them. He is really in love with bread right now. So we've expanded his list of favorite foods to include pizza, hot dogs, grapes, raisins, blueberries, banana bread, bananas (sometimes), bread, crackers, yogurt bites, and I think that's it for the absolute favorites. Sometimes there is a specific favorite on a specific day, and then it's not a favorite anymore. Like tonight he ate half of my BBQ sandwich. Probably because it had a lot of bread, but still. I think he is eating more consistently which is the most relieving thing. Like, if we sit down to a meal, Trig will eat at least SOMETHING. That really helps. Also it seems like drinking milk does not completely sabotage a meal. If he needs to drink milk, he will still eat food. It's not ideal to let him drink milk first but I say whatever we have to do to get through.

Ok it's late, nighty night.

No comments: