Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chugging along!

So I now have a 5 month old and a 23 month old. Time really really flies, doesn't it? I almost have a two year old!!! One more month from today!

Trig is doing well. I think he is starting to pick up more speech every day. He's back in Mother's Day Out and he clearly loves it which is wonderful because I can sure use the time off, too :)

Trig had another speech evaluation from a place recommended to us by his doctor. We went there last week and there is good and bad news - his "reciprocal" speech, or what he understands, is right on par or even ahead for his age. This I knew but it is really good to hear it confirmed. My baby is a smarty-pants! BUT, his expressive speech, or what he actually says, they placed at 8 months. I think that this is a bit exaggerated but the point is he needs help and he clearly qualifies. They said that it may take a few weeks to process and get approval but he will start therapy 3 times per week (!!!). This is going to be really difficult but if it helps, it will be worth it.

Other than that he is doing great. He's getting over a cold and so his eating really stopped for awhile but has really picked up again. It really is a series of peaks and valleys when it comes to his eating. We'll have a few solid weeks of GOOD eating (well, good for him I guess) and then he'll get sick and we have to start over again. It's frustrating. I actually think that at his 2 year appointment he will actually have a documented weight loss and maybe doctors will take me more seriously when it comes to his weight and size. In the meantime, we'll just wait for pediatric endocrinology to evaluate him.

Grayson is wonderful. He eats way more than his brother ever did. He started solid foods and he is eating so much more enthusiastically than Trig. He gets so excited that he gets food everywhere. Things were never that messy with Trig! I might actually have an eater! He's still got two teeth on the bottom that are on the VERGE of poking through but it seems like they've been that way for awhile. He seems chunky to me but he's still a very little guy, not on the chart just like his brother. If he keeps eating the way he does he's GOT to catch up, I think.

Baker is working his tail end off. I miss him so much. I have learned to kinda just do things on my own, though. I just wish he was around more not only for my sake but so that the kids can play with Daddy because he is just so much fun.

I'm doing good! It's TOUGH but there are such wonderful moments. Smiles, laughter, Trig's new words, Grayson's stares with his deep blue eyes, makes it all worth it. They're both in mother's day out now so I may actually find some time to myself and I MIGHT get caught up on my huge to do list, and when that happens, I am going to teach myself to sew! Yep, it's my new goal. and I'm GONNA DO IT! I'll start with small projects but my goal is to make things like a few items of clothing for the kids and maybe a cloth diaper or two. But we'll start with pillowcases haha. It will be an adventure! Oh and while I am crafting I really should catch up on my scrapbooking. I am about a year behind. oops.

Other projects include two birthday parties. I swear there is always something going on that I need to work on! But I love throwing a party :) Triggy's will be at gymbor.ee and Baker's will be at his parents' house. Mexican fiesta, should be a good time!

No comments: