Saturday, March 27, 2010

BIG WEEK!!!

So to begin with, I had an OB appointment on Wednesday with an ultrasound to check on the baby and the state of my cervix to make sure things are closed. Baker, Trig and I all went to the appointment on Wednesday 3/24. Trig was a fussy boy but was good for the most part as long as he was allowed to crawl around on the floor and explore :). The baby looked great, measuring right on time for my 9/7 due date, all was good with my cervix and, in bigger news...

IT'S A BOY!!!! A BOY!!!!

My instinct was totally wrong so for those of you who think that your pregnancy is totally different from your boy or girl pregnancy, it DOESN'T mean that it will be the opposite sex! I was way sicker with this baby, the heartrate was MUCH lower with this baby than with Trig, lots of things were different. But, this one is a boy just like Triggy! I'm very excited that Trig will have a little brother. And, although I will buy some things, I'm sure, I don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe for a girl :)

And then, later that day, Trig had an appointment with the ENT. Baker wasn't able to come to this one, he had to work. So, at the appointment, the doc had Trig go for a hearing test and a test to see how much fluid there was in his ears. Turned out that there was still some fluid in his left ear but there was a ton in his right, so ENT decided that tubes were the answer. Given that the ears seemed to be bothering Trig, I asked how quickly it could be done, and he said, how about tomorrow? So we got scheduled for surgery the next day, Thursday 3/25. Mind you I had to make this decision all by myself because Baker was unreachable - his iPhone screen was messed up (which he got fixed, ask him about it, he'd love to tell you the story!).

So I had to keep him from eating all day, and he wasn't even allowed to have anything except pedialyte after 12:30pm. We got there at 1:45 and he was brought in for surgery at 3:20pm or so - ahead of schedule! I went down and got something to eat from the cafeteria and as soon as I got back, the ENT came out to say that Trig had done great. Got all the fluid out of both ears and cleaned out some residual stuff from his ear infection. We were able to see him soon after and he was so MAD! Poor Triggy was so agitated after waking up from surgery and totally disoriented. They had all kinds of monitors on him and he tried to pull all of them off. He even succeeded in pulling out his IV (although it wasn't taped in very well). He finally calmed down after a bottle and we were taken to the second stage of recovery. We weren't there for very long at all before he was discharged and we went home. He went down for a nap fairly quickly.

Unfortunately, I think he has a cold right now although the nurse that called to check on him said that drainage after this surgery is normal. Still, he's coughing and his nose is runny, but just clear stuff. So, we're taking care of a fussy baby and I hope he feels better soon.

Big week, huh? :)

Here are some ultrasound pics:


























Getting ready for his tubes surgery






Night out with my Mom's Club!

1 comment:

andrea said...

congrats on the new baby boy!!
and glad all went well withe the sx - hopefully that is the end of the ear troubles.