Monday, September 8, 2008

10 weeks today!

So.... I'm 10 weeks today! YAY! I can't believe it. I really am already starting to stick out a bit and it's crazy. I think it's freaking Baker out a bit haha! I'll take a picture tomorrow.

So my doctors are fighting about when my next ultrasound should be. My doctor in Akron asked me to ask my doctors back in San Antonio when I can start weaning off of the progesterone in oil shots. So, I did and I got a phone call back with a weaning protocol and a request that I have 2 more ultrasounds before they completely release me from their care. Okay... fine, but I am sensing trouble from my office in Akron. I was right. I am caught in the middle of a big issue where my doc in San Antonio believes that I need an ultrasound this Wednesday and my doctor in Akron does not. Doc in Akron said that they will bring me in for one but because they don't deem it medically necessary, they will file it with insurance but they don't think that my insurance will pay for it. WTF? So I am going back and forth between San Antonio and Akron, and San Antonio says I don't see what the big deal is, they have a diagnosis code for the order, etc. Akron finally said that they want to talk to San Antonio directly - good, take me out of the equation. But, they missed each other on Friday and they'll have to talk today. We'll see what happens with that. I'm waiting to hear now. My favorite part of this whole thing was the nurse from San Antonio, Lisa, calling me and telling me that she argued with Akron saying "if something happens to this baby, do you want that on your head?" haha. She said that she thinks that made the nurse mad. Oh well. I'll update when I find out, but San Antonio is pretty adament about this so if Akron still refuses, SA wants me to find an imaging center to do it at. Ugh. So we'll see....

No comments: