Thursday, August 28, 2008

8 weeks 3 days



Ultrasound from 7 weeks!

Yep, it's already been awhile and I'm falling behind on my job here. It's really hard to start blogging when you haven't done it before!

Anyway, yep, I am 8 weeks 3 days today. I have less than a week until my next ultrasound. Where did I leave off? Who knows, I'll retell the story. At my 6 week 0 day ultrasound, they didn't see a heartbeat so my doc totally freaked me out saying that my pregnancy could "go either way". So then I had one continuous heart attack for a week until my next ultrasound. At that ultrasound, the tech spent a lot of time looking. She was great - after about 10 seconds of looking, she stopped, put her hand on my arm and said, "Kelly, before I go any further, I want you to know that I see a baby and a heartbeat". I melted into tears and the u/s tech got me some tissues. Of course, then I was elated and I started telling her my whole story. She was great. When she did the internal ultrasound, we saw a 2nd sac!!! There was no heartbeat in there, though. The doc later told me that he didn't think the twin would make it and that I may experience some spotting, etc. as I lose the twin. Well, so far, nothing (knock on wood) but we'll have to see in a week what happened with that baby. I am praying and praying that they both make it. So, that day was a day of GREAT joy and some sadness, too, worrying about the twin. I swear, people were right - you NEVER stop worrying in a pregnancy.

So that's where I am at. I am still looking for a job while dealing with morning sickness and a lot of weakness. But, I did manage to find a way to make a little cash - I am an expeditor for Cha Cha - you know, the service where you text them a question and they give you an answer. So far, it's a great gig and easy to do.

So, I am trying to rest and at least be a good housewife. I try to cook as often as possible so that Baker can have something to eat when he gets home. Also, it's so much cheaper than going out, but if you know me at all, I'd go out every meal :) Yesterday, I made homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. They are SOOO good. And I made Baked Ziti for dinner - go me! I love making that because it's easy, we love it, and it makes LOTS of leftovers. Plus it's cheapo to make. See? So today I don't have to make anything - leftovers night! YAY. Then tomorrow is Friday and I sometimes get away with going out on Friday nights for dinner :)

No comments: