Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Trig is GROWING!

It's been awhile but we had a successful trip to the endocrinologist in April. At his visit, he weighed 26lbs 8oz and was 35 inches tall. At his prior appointment, he was 24lbs and 33.25 inches tall. The doctor was VERY pleased (particularly since he had only been on the hormone for about 3 months!!!) and he expects that Trig will gain height quickly but it is a long road before he can be on the chart. We are SO happy. Very very very happy. I think it might make him a little crazier than he might otherwise be but who knows. He has been a bit of a wild child in recent months but maybe maybe we are getting better???? I hope so. I know it's been awhile since I posted but at Trig's last visit on August 2nd, he weighed 27lbs 14oz and was 36.2 inches tall. That actually puts him in the 4th percentile - his first time on the chart!!! He's never ever been on the chart. They calculated his growth velocity at 6 inches per year which they said is more than they could even expect. They said that he is growing faster than a pubescent boy! So he is responding VERY well to the growth hormone. We couldn't ask for more! He goes back to the endocrinologist on December 6th for another checkup but I put him on the scale the other day and he was 30lbs (with his shoes on)!!!

Trig and Grayson started a new school here in town and they are LOVING it. The curriculum is amazing though I think it borderlines over-scheduling! Trig is doing well but he is having a really hard time staying on his mat. He is good all morning long and then it is naptime and he is defiant toward his teachers. Not sure what to do about that one. Still, the kids love him and when I pick Trig up, there is always another kid hugging him goodbye. They have motor skills, computer time, and even chapel! That all mixed with story time, play time, playground time, art time, etc.

Grayson is flourishing in class. He loves it and he is always coming home singing songs from school. He even has a best friend in class that he loves to play with. At first he was apprehensive of course but now he goes right in to his classroom and forgets about me relatively quickly. They say that they are going to potty train him by the end of this year - we'll see! I'm not so sure but I am grateful for the help with the process.

Trig's favorite things right now are - hot wheels cars of course, any characters from the Disney movie CARS and CARS 2, Thomas the Train - although he is falling out of favor because he's in love with Chuggington now. All he wants is to play with Chuggington characters or watch the show. He makes me turn on Chuggington over and over again. He has started taking shorter naps so I let him stay up awhile watching some TV shows to wind down while I clean the house or do whatever it is I need to do for the day (like blogging right now haha).

Trig is getting smarter and smarter by the day and he communicates very well except for the times when he gets upset - then he loses all ability to communicate what he wants. People say terrible 2s and I think it's more like terrible 3s. I think that Trig is just too smart for his own good! 

Grayson loves Mickey Mouse and Little Einsteins. But what he loves the most is throwing and hitting things. He doesn't like toys as much as Trig did at his age - in fact, he'd rather throw toys than play with them. He likes to throw rocks, sticks, basically anything he can get his hands on. I hear that this is all something that his father used to do when he was little. He is also a SOLID little boy - maybe not the biggest (though he is in the 50th percentile which is huge for us) but he is just heavy and full of muscle. I haven't taken him to the pediatrician for a checkup in awhile because he really doesn't need one at this time but my home scale puts him somewhere between 28-30lbs depending on how still he decides to be at that particular moment. I'm not sure how tall he is but he's just a little bit shorter than Trig. He is going to catch up to his brother pretty fast I think. He's 17 months younger than Trig and he is wearing clothes that Trig wore just about 9 months ago and some of it is actually a bit small. I've got to make it last, though, because I have a ton of winter clothes for Gray that belonged to Trig! And it's tough because I don't think that Gray is quite big enough to wear Trig's current clothes.

At this particular moment the only thing that Grayson really wants is his Daddy. He asks for Daddy all the time and if Daddy is around then he wants to be held by his Daddy all the time. It's very cute but a little frustrating when Daddy already has his hands full with other things.

I'm sure that there are lots of other things going on with us but the most recent thing is the Disney cruise that we just took with my parents - see above!

No comments: