Sunday, October 2, 2011

First Words

Grayson says a few words now! His first one was "thank you" (???) and now he says "light" when you turn the light on and "juice" - he LOVES juice and will do anything to get it and carry it around in his mouth while he crawls.

No sign at all of walking. Seems like he is on the same track as his brother in terms of walking. At least to this point he is. Just like his brother, I believe he is capable of standing and walking but he refuses to do it. Even when I take his hands and walk with him he picks his feet up and refuses to do it. I am perfectly fine with it, he will walk when he feels like it, but just like his brother, I think he is also frustrated and does want to walk but won't try. It surprises me a bit that he's not interested in walking since he wants to do everything that his brother does. Hm, wonder when he will walk.

One of my current favorite things that he does is clap to "If you're happy and you know it". I think he is a smart cookie to know that the song is telling him to clap.

Trig had a setback in his growth hormone treatment - our insurance denied it, saying that they don't cover SGA (small for gestational age). So the doctor is going to try a new approach - a growth hormone stimulation test. Trig has to go in and have an IV placed and given several drugs to stimulate growth hormone production. I am hoping that this goes well and I hate that Trig will have to go through this. He is a tough little boy though. So he actually has two rounds of this - one next week and one in November. Boo. But hopefully we get the results we need in order for Trig to get his growth hormone.

Trig seems to be getting a little better at tolerating his little brother. I think it is better every day. He is okay with him unless he is mad - in which case he seems to want to take it out on his brother. He just doesn't understand how to channel his anger properly and I guess that describes most two year olds, right?

Baker is doing well - busy busy but he seems to be enjoying his work. When people hear about his schedule they wonder how I do it - being alone so much. And of course also wonder how Baker does it working so much. I think that things are so much better than they were last year that I am actually happy with how much I see him. It's better than it used to be for sure!

I am okay - I have been through a bit of a hard time lately but I am doing better. And to quote Forrest Gump - "That's all I've got to say about that."

Up ahead we have my birthday on the 24th (ack! I'll be 31!) Halloween on the 31st (one of my favorite holidays, if you can call it that) during which Baker has a week off! No particular plans, just hanging out together, but I am sure that we'll do some fun activities with the kids. I have some fun plans coming up with my Alliance group - love those ladies!!!

One of the fun things I am dealing with is a ganglion cyst - basically an area of inflammation on my wrist. It really hurts and I am going to see a doctor but I can't get in until early November. So frustrating. But hopefully I will get it taken care of soon after that. I had the same thing a few years ago and I had it removed. No big deal.

That's about it for now!

No comments: