Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back in Texas!

So we're back in Texas! After a very long drive with a U-haul truck, trailer pulling Baker's car, and driving the Lexus, we're here! It was total craziness - we filled a 26 foot truck with our stuff. Thank goodness we had movers, too, because otherwise I don't think we could have gotten it all to fit!!! I must say, I am impressed with Baker's truck driving skills. He seriously did a great job! So we made it to San Antonio and had movers unload the truck - I am very glad about that, too, because they did it in record time and organized the attic very well with our stuff. For now, I *think* that we are able to get to everything we need to get to! There are still tons of boxes in the game room, though, and it's my job to go through them and unpack. It's quite the task. Yesterday was spent mostly sorting through them and doing what I can. It's going to take some time, but we'll get there!

Trig is doing great. He was actually VERY good on the trip, just one major meltdown. I think he was having a hard time soothing himself to sleep and got overstimulated by my attempts to calm him down. We pulled over and as soon as I took him out, he fell asleep. So the trip went much better with him than I thought it would. His sleep schedule seems to have stayed on track fairly well, except that he has taken to waking up at around 5am for a feeding. He's genuinely hungry, though, so I don't mind feeding him - at least it's not just waking up to play or something.

He weighed 13lbs 5oz at his 6 month checkup (I know, I'm sorry, that was forever ago), he was 24 inches long and his head was 43cm. He is still not on the chart for height and weight but he's very close! His head, though, is in the 50th percentile for his actual age. He IS his father's son, haha!

He's rolling from back to belly VERY well now, actually, too well. He flips himself in the night and it makes him mad so he wakes up. He's becoming more comfortable on his belly, though, which is good.

He's eating some solids now, so far, sweet potatoes, carrots, pears and apples. He did NOT like green beans, we'll have to try that one again soon. I am going to start making his food as soon as we get settled, but for now, it's organic jarred stuff. I gotta find my food processor and find the time to get to the store before I can start making and freezing it.

Baker started his anesthesia rotation here in SA - it's going very well so far. Crossing fingers for an SA residency!

That's the update here - must get back to unpacking! :)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Welcome back to Texas! We are so happy you guys are back! Next time we are in SA, Bekah wants to see her friend Trig!