Thursday, December 18, 2008

24 weeks!


Okay, so I'm 24.5 weeks now :) Went to the doc on Tuesday, all is well! I am beyond elated - the fetal fibronectin test was negative! WOOHOOO!!!! I'm likely NOT to deliver in the next 3 weeks! Good thing. Baby needs to stay in there a bit longer! I got to see Dr. C, he's so nice. He said it was fine for me to travel (pending the negative test, of course) and said to have a good time. But stay on my modified bedrest of course :) He checked my cervix, still long and closed, woohoo! I now weigh 111.8 lbs, so I am up 8 lbs from when I came in for my first visit at 7 weeks. No talking to yet but I am guessing if I don't start putting on some weight then I am really going to hear about it. MUST EAT MORE! I got to have an ultrasound as well - my cute little baby is 1 pound 3 ounces now. He's sitting "Indian style" in my belly with his butt down (on my bladder, as always). He's in the 26th percentile for size and weight - so he's small, but not alarmingly so. Doc was like, you're small, so he's small. Makes sense to me but I'm going to work on plumping him up :)

So we're getting ready to head to Texas TOMORROW! I am so excited. I am pretty much packed and ready to go. I got my hair cut today, nothing new just shortened it and shaped it up a bit, and enhanced the color. I'm very pleased, as usual, and the prices in this small town ROCK! Still have a few things to do to get ready but I'm certainly on track. Baker is home and studying for his exam tomorrow. I think I'm gonna take a break and lay down for a bit, I'm really tired today. BUT, I have no excuse, I had a great night last night! No pain, no waking up all the time, I really slept well! Fell asleep at about 11:30pm and woke up (I think only once) to pee but when I really woke up, it was 7am! I SLEPT! I felt like jumping up and down it was such an accomplishment.

So I guess the next time I blog I'll be in Texas! Enjoy the 24.5 week belly pic and new haircut :)

1 comment:

Life with Lily! said...

Hi Kelly,

My name is Sherry Feldberg, and I’m a member of the public relations team that raises awareness for FullTerm, The Fetal Fibronectin test. I read your blog with interest and thought you might like to learn more about the test. Check out www.fullterm.net, and feel free to include the site as a link on your blog so that readers can access the information.

Additionally, if you’re interested in helping us spread awareness about the benefits of the FullTerm Test, please contact me by emailing fullterm@schwartz-pr.com. My team generates stories about managing high risk pregnancies in national, local and online outlets. In the last few months we’ve secured stories in Working Mother magazine, the FitPregnancy Blog and the Boston Parent’s Paper. Most recently we secured the following article on the Lively Women Blog: http://www.livelywomen.com/2008/12/05/interview-prevention-of-preterm-births/#more-1458

We’re always interested in speaking with women who had the test and are willing to share their experience to make sure other pregnant women know there is a test available, for those at high-risk, to help predict premature birth.

I hope to hear from you.

Regards,
Sherry Feldberg